Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  Vinyl Cutter sign making   ~  JSI PRO-K 24 cutter issues

billjoyal
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quote
ive owned the cutter since brand new back in january of 2005 and havent had any problems up until now. It uses a USB connection and i've already replaced the cable. Sometimes it will cut fine, more noticibly on smaller items, but if there is a whole panel full of things to cut that are longer (32"-48" long) it will cut and just stop sometimes, other times the cutting head will just move to one side until it hits the side of the cutter, then bind and click like crazy at the same time the vinyl will feed back and the rollers will keep on spinning then i have to turn off the cutter to get it to stop. I noticed it started happening just before i got the system error on the winpcsign letter 2005 i use and had to install the update that i downloaded of the site. Could it be a computer of software issue or is it a cutter issue. I bought the cutter through JSI but it is a KingCut A630, ProK24 is what JSI calls it. Like i said earlier, i replaced the USB cable already. When it freezes, it makes a funny noise like a fan starts spinning or something and on the LCD instead of X Y Axis points, it says JSI WELCOME. All help is appreciated. I am buying a new SM 24 from the site in a couple of weeks but would like to keep this one going as well if all possible. Thanks in advance! Bill
Ivan
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote
JSI company use two china cutter Copam and Pcut and both cutter need a different driver. so basically we don't know what cutter you are using. Pcut can be only connect through Serial com port and Copam Serial and Parallel.

KingCut is one of most complicate cutter because it need an USB key connected to the cutter and two driver (installed on your computer)..... I think is better continue to use a SM cutter