Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  WinPCSIGN, error messages and solution  ~  WinPCSIGN Letter 2005 + Creation CT630

bigkevracer
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
I've had this combination for about 6 weeks now, and haven't been able to get them cutting.

In the last few days I've been able to get Windows XP Home to detect the cutter, and everything seems to be working from a hardware/software perspective. I've also had the company I bought the combination from send me an update for WinPCSign for my cutter, thinking this would fix everything right up. Unfortunately I have a new problem: Whenever I go to cut, or set plotter codes, my whole computer restarts.

This is achieved one of two ways (that I've tested):
1. Go to Setting menu, click on "Plotter Codes"
2. Open the Cutting panel, set the panel, and click on "Start"

I can disconnect the cutter, setup the plotter codes, and then connect the plotter, but if I connect the plotter after WinPCSign was opened then the PC will just restart. If I have the plotter connected before I open WinPCSign the program will open, but it will crash under one of the two above described conditions.

Does anyone have any further ideas? I'm at the point now where I think I'll just send the whole lot back since it won't work, but I'm hoping someone has a suggestion. This really is my last chance, I'm hoping someone has experienced similar problems and will be able to help.

Thanks!
BIMMERBABE
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I have a Pcut630 that came with letter.

I think the problem is with the com ports

What I found works best for me if I connect the cutter to various PC's is

Connect live power cable to cutter but do not switch cutter on then connect USB cable then your PC should then detect USB/SERIAL device , install the driver.

Then open device manager in windows and click on PORTS you should see USB Serial port (com??)

Now you know which com port you are using

In letter,under settings/plotter codes the com port should be the same as in device manager

Switch cutter on and hopefully it will work.

This was the only problem I had with my Pcut630 so I hope this is helpful
bigkevracer
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Hi bimmerbabe.

Yes, thats one of the problems, but my plotter is set to COM2, and when the plotter is disconnected I can set it to COM2 in the software and save it, but I can't set it when the plotter is connected otherwise the computer just restarts. Same with when I go to cut, it restarts.

Any other ideas?
BIMMERBABE
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Hi, is your cutter USB or Serial connection??

If USB is it connected through a hub??

I would delete all com ports through devive manager except com port 1

Restart with just live power lead on cutter but don't switch cutter on and have the USB cable connected and see if it discovers it OK and you may find the cutter is using a different com port.